Thursday, December 13, 2018

The Christmas Season

I have felt such peace and joy this Christmas season.  Oh, the days have certainly been full and taxing  but still the "Christmas" part has brought joy and happiness instead of stress.  So thankful for that.
 One thing I do is just a little at a time.  This was the day I decorated.  I snapped a picture and laughed at the mess on the table that included a science lesson, Thanksgiving decorations, leftovers of Zachary's lunch and Ethan deep into a lego set.  In the background was the couch overflowing with the decoration boxes and trying to figure out where to put what for this new season.
I love how the kids have grown into this season.  Abigail and Naomi especially love so many little parts that sets this time of year apart.  Abigail is also old enough to really grasp the gift of God's gift this year.  I am so thankful for that.  That even as we enjoy the whole season, God's gift of Jesus and his love for us on Earth is more the focus than the glit and glitter.  

I am thankful for this spiritual light as well as the physical lights of the season.  Our days are so dark. A friend had extra exterior lights that she loaned me this year.  Yesterday I strung them up on our frozen garden fence.  It is so fun to look at out and see the light flowing into our dark yard.  The tree in the house stays on ALL day and fills me with peace.  

The sibling squabbles, the tiredness, the unmet expectations of the days are all around.  For this I will gaze at the lights on the tree and remember the peace of Jesus given to us all who say Yes to Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment