Monday, December 10, 2018

We Celebrated

Abigail is officially 8 and it feels right.  We started the day with a new recipe of Kiwi breakfast cake and warm chocolate milk.  It was semi received with the milk being a real hit of the meal.  

Since we homeschool, it is our family rule that all birthdays are school holidays!  Her big request of the morning was to listen to the audio books and do puzzles in the living room.  After Zachary went down for his nap we did exactly that!  I loved that quiet hour where we were together and happy.  

Soon our neighbor and good friends came over for cake.  Why do I not do afternoon cake more?  It was great.  Everyone enjoyed it and no tantrums due to being overtired occurred.  I am done with after dinner birthday cakes from here on out.  Mid day cakes are the way to go!

After that we zipped to town to meet friends at the Children's museum.  How I love that my girl loves our museum.  Going there and crafting and playing for hours was just what she wanted to do and I was so happy to get to deliver!

Home to impossible cheeseburger pie with broccoli for dinner.  Yes they did get an additional sliver of ice cream cake after dinner as well.  Birthdays are special days indeed.  She had so much fun opening her gifts and feeling the love from her siblings and family and friends far and wide.  
This girl has looked forward to her day for months.  How I worry that the anticipation will lead to expectations higher than I can meet.  But in the end it was a perfect day for her and for me.  She was treated royally and we got to honor her with things she loved and had requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment