Wednesday, March 6, 2019

March 2nd Was Dr. Seuss's Birthday

The week before Saturday, March 2nd I stayed home everyday with Zachary.  We are attempting to potty train.  Attempting because he does great if we don't leave the house.  Hmm, not sure how that is going to for for all future endeavors.  Regardless, Saturday, March 2nd came along and Josh was gone all day on a men's snow machine trip.  I was home with the kids and feeling a little let down that I couldn't take them to any of the Dr. Seuss activities that were going on in town.  Not that they they knew but still.  
 So I did something I haven't done before, we celebrated Dr. Seuss at home.  We made little cat in the hat treats, dyed eggs green and all tried our hand in making some Dr. Seuss art to display.
The day was also filled with lots and lots of reading of Dr. Seuss books.  After all of those twisty turn books to read I have to admit it is a good thing we only celebrate his great achievements once a year.  My tongue still hurts.  But it was a good day, helped lift the stay home blues and brought a lot of excitement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment