Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A Jack Of All Trades

There are somethings I never thought I would do.  I knew when I was younger that I wanted to be a mom but I never thought I would also be my children's school teacher.  I never thought I would build a house from ground up.  I never thought I would raise and butcher chickens for meat.  Yes, I did believe I would garden but never one so big.  There are certain things that make me stop and look around and laugh at where I am at.  The things that we all do in our lives because they need to happen and we are the ones to do it.  No one else is in waiting in line to do the jobs.
The trigger of all these thoughts was the day of beauty I had with the girls last week.  Ballet had ended for the fall, and thus putting the girls' hair up into buns each week also ended.  Since the girls aren't doing ballet in the spring semester I felt free to give them a nice trim.  So many tangled ends were snipped off and the girls both ended in super cute bob cuts.  I smile as I looked at them and also wiped the sweat from my brow.  Cutting hair is intense for me because it is not something I consider in my skill set.  Being a frugal mom has lead me to this place and I am thankful for now that my girls (and boys - although Ethan despises haircut days) are happy with mom's beauty salon.  
Usually we wait for Easter and summer for our fresh haircuts.  Christmas cuts seem fresh and appropriate too.



No comments:

Post a Comment