Monday, December 10, 2018

Love And Marriage

The other day I brought out a box of baby clothes I had saved.  Just a few things that were precious to me.  They were items from when Abigail and Naomi were babies.  Bonnets, booties, a few newborn dresses and nightgowns.  Just the smallest of the smallest items for them to now use with their baby dolls.
 Ethan got pretty excited about it all right along with the girls.  After awhile he disappeared.  
 Soon he was calling me.  He had dressed up all of his stuffed animals in his boy cabbage patch clothes and some of the girls' new dresses.  He then had paired each animals claiming one was the dad and one was the mom.  All couples were dancing. 
 Because they were all celebrating their weddings.  Oh how this little boy makes me laugh.  I loved seeing this creation that he had made.  He was very particular as well that the yellow duck had a yellow dress and the green frog a green outfit and so on.  
And right after the wedding all of the couples had babies.  The bears had the baby panda, the frog and duck duo had his small frog toy and the white bears had his small white bear.  Pairing each couple with appropriate child was also a big deal.  Ethan likes order and coordination.  I encourage his play but don't direct it all.  I love seeing where he is going with this on his own.  Can I say how pleased I am that in his play it is essential that all couples were married before having children.  Glad he has the order right.  How I love this little boy who wants to be so many things when he grows up but at the top of the list is the fact that he wants to be a dad!  

No comments:

Post a Comment